Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello, World!

Welcome to the blog of TangoPig Jewelry Creations!

Apparently, in this new world of technology, every artist has to have a blog, so this humble designer of jewelry is jumping on that bandwagon. Blogwagon. Thing.

I'll be posting irregularly to talk about jewelry: New lines I'm starting, techniques I discover, frustrations with jump rings, cool beads I find, new pieces I'm excited about, the vagaries of the jewelry business, et cetera. Expect a certain amount of navel gazing.

As for me: The whole jewelry thing started with a fundraiser in my junior year of college. I made and sold five-dollar stretch bracelets to support my friend's ballroom dancing club (I went to the same high school as Lacey Schwimmer of Dancing with the Stars fame; another bandwagon we all jumped on with great eagerness). Now I'm in college and trying to supplement my girlfriend's poverty-level teaching income and my measly wage as a part-time cold chef at a local gourmet pizza chef with my jewelry-making skills.

So please hang out for the beads, the stories and the occasional headpin crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment