Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ends and Means

I've noticed my posts often seem to trail off rather than actually ending.  To hopefully break myself of this, I challenged myself to compose a bunch of different endings to blog posts.  I came up with the following:

"So I learned that I should be more careful of my companions if I wish to avoid being eaten."

"I'll never do that again unless my need for a block of beeswax is really pressing."

"So that's how you solve the problem of a component requiring a half-millimeter bead size, and I shall call it the Liverwurst Method."

"In this way, though Marx's model breaks down under thoughtful scrutiny with the mores and values of the twenty-first century in mind, it would be a disservice to a great thinker to say that Das Kapital is anything but a landmark of social science."

"Parakeet dive-bombs toddler.  Tune in at eleven for the evening news."

"I'm glad we've solved the aardvark problem.  Onward to tackle the zombie defenses!"

...

I don't think I'm very good at this, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment