Monday, October 19, 2009

Fruit Flies, Colorful Knickers and New Special Offer through October 25

There is a fly sitting on my left hand -- rather determinedly, actually -- and I think it's a non-native Drosophila. I wonder where it escaped from. It would probably be ecologically responsible to kill it, since it's a non-native, but I'm too tender-hearted. You know, we all talk about cockroaches being disgusting, but read up on flies sometime when you're not planning on eating for a while. As an order of species, Diptera are three times as icky as Blattaria.

In other news, M and I spent yesterday tie-dying our underwear. See, my dad was trying to learn to do it because he's having a tie-dye event at his middle school, so we (Mom, Dad, M, me and my brother A) all played with the dye. My hands look like they've been repeatedly slammed in doors (those puce and red dyes cling), but it was awesome.

Anyway. The point of this post was a special offer, wasn't it?

Through October 25, get your choice of a free pendant OR 10% off your purchase of any item with flowers on it. Use the discount code "polly" and tell me which you'd prefer in the "Notes to Seller" section. Dicounts are given through PayPal within 24 hours of purchase.


Available here.

So if you've had your eye on one of my vintage locket necklaces or the miniature teacup, this is your moment!

Finally, it is at last cold enough to wear my beret. This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment