Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have a blog, so I get to have opinions. Go me.





Oh, and there's also a Facebook fan page.

This is an issue close to my heart for very obvious reasons. And on a level quite apart from any personal situation:

There's a seventeen-year-old girl who has not only been denied her senior prom, she's been forced to go to a school where she is roundly hated for trying to attend with someone she loves.

Fifty years ago, this might have been a black/white couple; my own mother was teased for "going zebra" with her African-American boyfriend to her senior prom. Today Constance is in the exact same situation, and it breaks my heart.

And yes, this is completely unrelated to jewelry, jewelry businesses or any of the stuff you visit this blog for. I suppose I should apologize for soapboxing so much lately, but instead I will only ask for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment