Friday, May 28, 2010

HydraDog

M has a long-haired German shepherd. And by "long-haired," I mean "three inches of fluff at the best of times."

I've been pulling off her winter coat. And by "pulling," I mean "taking great handfuls and taking them off and stuffing them in a grocery bag," and by "winter coat," I mean "the top layer of the entire dog."

She's been patiently allowing this for 20 minutes at a time all week. And by "patiently," I mean "with much fleeing and needing to be tackled."

Soon we will have a dog instead of a great lump of clumpy hair. And by "soon," I mean "when I eventually break down and vaccuum her."

Does anyone spin dog fur? She does have nice long fiber. Who'd like to trade for some exquisite, labor-intensive hand-gathered winter German Shephard hair in lovely mixed shades of forest brown, charcoal and sable? I'll throw in some of those damn overstock bracelets too.

No comments:

Post a Comment