Saturday, July 10, 2010

Photoing!

I was recently reading an article on Etsy (okay, so I do visit the Forums sometimes ... if Etsy Success emails link to them) and I think I'm going to spend some time doing what it suggests, namely: Using Picasa's "tuning" tab to turn the whites white.

I've done this with a couple of older photos, notably this one:

Available here.

But that's easily the brightest photo in my shop.

I've decided I'm going to make a real effort to do it more -- look at my light spots and turn them white rather than just eyeballing the whole thing. The article has a good point, even in Gallery view (which I rarely if ever use) I'm catching eyes with a very small image -- it needs to be crazy contrasty.

Here's a more recent photo I did it to:

Available here.

I really do like the look. It's very crisp. I just have to convince myself it's okay to have that much stark contrast.

I'm also contemplating drastically shortening the depth of field in my first image ... but all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment