Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Strawberry Mugs Forever

M and I are going to be doing our new kitchen in strawberries. My parents bought us a bunch of cool strawberry stuff as a congratulatory gift and I've been scouring Etsy for something that will tie our strawberry kitchen to our "Spoils of the British Empire" rest-of-the-house.

Favorites I've turned up in the hunt:
I am in love with everything about this listing from MelissaSue. They're these little strawberry-with-legs felt creatures. Wonderful wicked whimsical story photography ... and the product is awesome too!

M says I can't have cannibal strawberry birds. *sigh*

And this is AWESOME in a memento-mori sort of way, though somehow I don't think it'll quiiite work in a kitchen or dining room. Can't imagine why I have that impression. It's lovely lovely art, though. Maybe M will let me put it in the hall.

Speaking of cool weird art: this. It doesn't fit anywhere, but it's neat.

I love vintage book prints. And prints from vintage books, too. And collage and ACEOs too.

In this one I think it's mostly the irony of the background I'm in love with.

From the supply side: THESE are SO COOL!

And this woodblock print would be MINE right NOW if we didn't have, y'know, a cross-country move to pay for. I love a subtle pun ... and Asian-style woodcuts are a bit of an obsession for me ever since my middle school art teacher let me use his fish print equipment and inks. I have an especial fondness for the very late ukiyo-e from just-post-shogunate Japan that depict the change and blending of cultures -- there's a few prints of Japanese beauties in tinted spectacles and English-style bustle gowns that I would love to own copies of. I also have a soft spot for shunga. Don't google it at work. :p

Insert actual conclusion to this ramble here.

No comments:

Post a Comment