Friday, March 11, 2011

Mixed Media and Urban Decay

Just wanted to share about a picture from one of my favorite fellow sellers, Fanciful Devices:


Photo copyright Fanciful Devices.

That's a filigree that she's glued paper to -- apparently at the expense of her floor -- she says it was quite stiff.  But I wonder, if one papier-mached and then top-sealed newspaper instead of standard print ... possibly over one of those wire frames which one has ruined in plier overenthusiasm but has not the heart to be rid of ...

I also love how that artist uses cameos: infrequently, but without feeling bound to make them girly when she does.

Further eye candy of urban decay and material culture: We Sell Used Gods.  Further further eye candy of urban decay and material culture: 99 Rooms. 

Have some time, and maybe some earbuds, handy before you click that latter.  You'll want them.  It's insanely cool and deserves half an hour of your full attention.

(oh crap I just realized I left the bread dough on the counter overnight and now I'm at work and I can't save it.  I guess that's one way to use up whole wheat flour that doesn't quite work in the recipe ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment