Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Things I Am Slightly Chagrined By

  1. I'm making more in a month of copywriting than I ever made even in Decembers from my jewelry business.  Admittedly, most of it's coming from Elance, but I've been at the jewelry for three years (going on four) and the copywriting for three months.  There is something slightly frightening about this.
  2. I'm officially giving up the ghost on frontal toggles.  Every time a new Stringing hits the grocery store, there's a new and interesting way to put the clasp in front, to the side, as a pendant base, interchangeable, adjustable, convertible -- just stop.  I am going to accept that my jewelry has boring clasp placement, at least for a while.  I use too many different toggle designs (because I match them carefully with the piece's look) to put myself through this anymore.
  3. Teapot earrings -- a billion variations on a single finding -- beat out every other category I can make for top jewelry sales ever.  Maybe this is less chagrin and more astonished laughter.  But yeah.

Sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment