Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy, busy me!

A busy day! I've finally given up trying to get a garden to grow against a wall with northern exposure, and am trying to nurture some early herbs into existence in little pots atop a nearby brick wall. I'm going to get some actually fertile seeds later -- those little grow kits they sell at JoAnn? give up, they don't work -- but for the moment, I have two bare pots that are noticeably failing to be oregano or chives, and I dug up a marigold that grew when last summer's tomato companions went to seed to fill two others, and the third has a wilting sweet alyssum. I'll probably move the marigolds into vegetable pots when/if I get vegetable and fruit plants going ... they actually do work to discourage pests, specifically tomato worms.

And now I have two pairs of earrings to make, one with acrylic beads and silk tassels, and one with a chain fringe, for a custom order.

Then I will re-engage with the massive project of putting together a first run for the bridal store I'm consigning to. I was planning on shooting for March 21, but the shop owner has just finally informed me that not only is the shop not actually open yet ... she's got a Grand Opening planned for the 27th and needs to set up by the 15th. ... if you have this kind of a deadline, doesn't it seem like that's something you tell the people creating your products?

But ... whatever, it's a first-consignment experience, I'll know what to look for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment