Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Links and a special offer ... who said I never gave you anything?

So ... I totally forgot to mention this but I have an article up since forever ago on Rena Klingenberg's awesome "Making Jewelry Now" site. It's got a couple of pictures and combines my three favorite things: Jewelry, anthropology, and semiotics.

My article

On another note, today I was reading about the steampunk aesthetic and I ran across a couple of quotes I wanted to respond to. Since I have a midterm on Thursday I've barely begun to study for, I have of course begun to compose my own little steampunk manifesto about what steampunk means to me. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, those with an interest in the genre would do well to read the following:

Steampunk Magazine's Guide to the Apocalypse, which is funny, beautifully laid out and ... um ... surprisingly informative, if you know what I mean,

and Ursula Vernon's Gearworld Blog, by my favorite artist who's also the author of the Nurk books, the Dragonbreath series and Black Dogs, and the author-artist of the superb comic Digger. It's an unfinished travelogue of an explorer way over his head in the investigation of a clockwork labyrinth. Since said explorer is a bespectacled antelope, this will also be of interest to the anthro crowd. But you immediately lose track of the fact that the characters are nonhumans in the creepy, beautiful fascination of the story with its precise humor and fantastic twists. It's a blog, so you start from the last page. There are also illustrations here (some nudes, NSFW).


And finally, on a more relevant note, a special offer through February 22:

When you purchase any one-of-a-kind item from the shop, you will get an exquisite wire-wrapped pendant.
When you purchase a second one-of-a-kind item from the shop, you will get a lovely pair of dangly pearl earrings.
And when you purchase a third one-of-a-kind item from the shop, you will receive free shipping on your entire purchase, which will be refunded through PayPal.


Available here.

To claim your free stuff and free shipping, use the code "glove" in the Notes to Seller section when you purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment