Friday, April 8, 2011

Things that M hates

The most "statementy" statement piece I've ever made, which I decided, after consideration, to actually relist now, because I still really like it:


Available here.

People either love this or hate it.  It's very "tribal," though the word still bothers me.  I love how you can see the texture in the lustrous coral daggers, though it dates from before I decided I'd only buy coral as responsibly-collected focals.  I'm fond of the pyrite and chose the clearest carvings for this piece, though it does apparently weather significantly.  I did once have someone at UCR ask if I could do a long one with a few of the coral sticks for a man.  I should probably still do that; I have some beads that look like peach pits and African trade beads that these would blend well with, and it is right about time to start marketing summer items.

No comments:

Post a Comment