Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Treasury Wednesday: The unsubtle beauties of lipstick red

I've wanted to try on a deep, lush, '40s-esque crimson lipstick since I was thirteen -- and no one will ever let me. Longtime readers will not be at all surprised that makeup is a world I treat with half-dismissive, half-deferential wariness, being not any good at it myself, so I'm not entirely sure why.

This is a tribute to one of my favorite character archetypes: The no-nonsense, sensual modern femme fatale. I like stories where efficiency is made into something that's desirable and hot. Some say this makes me a bad feminist.

My favorite item is that fantastic shoe photo in the first slot. There's a lot of great photography in this treasury, vintage-inspired styled shots and nice crisp white backgrounds. It was a fun challenge balancing all the shades of red across the columns, too!

'I Like to Make You Suffer' by Scribblegoat

Sultry slinky dresses, strumpet-red lipstick, heels and red wine and vixenish behavior. Sexy handmade and vintage-inspired designs.


Hello Ladies- Signe...
$35.00

Teardrop cocktail h...
$25.00

Signed print, &quot...
$33.00

Small Lipstick Trac...
$40.00

K.Antoinette Signat...
$40.00

Irony - Natural Red...
$9.00

The Red Stockings E...
$15.00

3 Lipstick Soaps F...
$3.50

Silk Mistress Knick...
$45.00

Skirt Altered Red P...
$25.00

Red Leather Hartman...
$160.00

Framed Real Lipstic...
$16.00

Killer Heels... Lar...
$200.00

Handmade 1940s dres...
$89.00

Lipstick - Velvet C...
$19.00

Vintage Black See T...
$

Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment