Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ancient beads

I was recently mentioning the ancient history of beading in a special offer post; for anyone who's particularly interested, I've run across an interesting new article on the subject on the jewelry-business Web site where I lurk. It's a quick little discussion but has some interesting pictures and links to an in-progress timeline.

I've written for the site before (here) and I'm playing with the idea of offering to do a little series on ethnic inspirations of jewelry. I mean, really, that's my field ("Deep in my heart, I'm a postcolonialist," I told M t'other day; "You being a PoCo person is not hidden in your heart," she retorted). An article on the multicultural influences of jewelry styles in Northwestern Europe and the United States would be right up my alley. Perhaps I could just narrow it to global elements in Victorian jewelry? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment