Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lessons learned, Vol. 1



This is from my 2010 bridal line (available now at Iris D Bridal in Tempe, AZ, near Phoenix!  See what I did thar? Marketings!).  It's a sleek and sophisticated bridal collection with two necklaces, a pendant and a pair of earrings for a striking, dramatic and unified look.

The necklace on the left was the first piece. I'd originally made it in all white and hated it. It made me think of something my paternal-maternal-great-grandmother used to make -- while I have (and wear) a few of her pieces still, they're mostly not my style and definitely not what I was looking for.

Then M came over to see what I was grousing about. "Close your eyes," she ordered. When she let me open them again, she'd loaded one half of the necklace with black crystals and one half with fuschia pearls. I thought my line needed the chic, updated-classic look of the black, so it stayed.

The lesson? Sometimes I just need to let my girlfriend do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment