Thursday, April 1, 2010

Experimental glee

Wandered around the backyard today using (mostly) our own jewelry collection to test out some fun and different backgrounds.  Having the Flickr account is particularly nice because it lets me experiment -- which I can't really afford to do with shop photos, since I've found a relatively unified background that works for nearly everything and I need a good consistent look there.

So, from the magnificently unkempt backyard of M's grandmother (weeding is my job, and I've been jewelrying instead), I give you:





Left to right, top to bottom:  (1) Glass and hematite piece made to match M's MLA-professional outfit -- a purple business suit with corset lacing.  Yes really.  (2) A ceramic heart enrobed in polymer clay and genuine vintage watch gears, strung with glass, antiqued brass, and intricate black cinnabar heart beads.  (3) M's copper wire, agate and amethyst ring.  I started making these mostly because I wear a 9 and she an 11 -- we have big dockworker hands -- so it's hard to find women's styles big enough.  (4)  Another polymer clay steampunk piece, this one teardrop-shaped and again adorned with real watch parts.  It's strung with glass and tiger's eye and represents my gleeful playing with Picasa effects.  (5)  Our shared academic good-luck necklace.  M wore it for all her Ph.D exams.

Again, these are mostly our own pieces, hence the lack of little "available here" clickytexts, but if someone feels like making me an offer I can't refuse ...

No comments:

Post a Comment