Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home again!

The shop is back online!

At the conference I had, hands-down, the most successful jewelry show I've ever had. In two hours. Most of my shows are eight hours long.

That said, that particular event was disappointing. I was told we'd have six-foot banquet tables. I arrived, and we had ten-by-ones.

Better yet, the tables were set up such that only one person could possibly pass between them ... and if you've got hips like mine, only sideways. Spatial geometry FAIL. Then the person nominally in charge told us we couldn't move the tables. Someone gave her a long look, and said, "I'll bet the fire marshal would love to see this setup. And you know, I'm pretty sure that the organizers were aware we have at least two disabled guests. In wheelchairs." Oddly enough, she backed off at that point .... Seriously, though, how could anyone think that was workable for a selling event? M and I had to leave our booths each time the other one needed to move from one end of the table, because the only way anyone could possibly see the items for sale was if everyone buddied up and moved their tables so close only one could pass between.

But despite that misery, things sold well, and several people seemed interested in contacting me about custom work. M sold three pre-made squids, one from swatches and three custom ones! We went yesterday to find ink-blot fabric and smiley-face button eyes for a Rorschach squid, and radish fabric for a Luna Lovegood one. I'll post a link to her Etsy shop once it's live.

The lecture went beautifully if a bit garbled because I got flustered by my own hands.

Photos to come in the next few days of six-inch leverback earrings and glass beaded dress hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment