Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Laptop woes

My laptop has, to put it simply, bitten it. M thinks it's the motherboard. So that's off for repairs ... at the worst possible time, since I was supposed to apply for a job today. Hence the hours I just spent retyping samples from hard copy. Palm, meet face.

So, um ... all jewelry sales for the next unspecified period of time will go toward hard drive rescue.

But! On a much happier note! I found a cool cameo at a local antique store! It's a beautiful shade of medium gray with a classic ivory-colored portrait layer, in a gold setting, pin back, beautifully cared for. The jewelry on the subject of the portrait is very detailed -- part of me wants to try to replicate the necklace the woman in the cameo is wearing with the cameo as the centerpiece. This way lies madness. Someone tell M to stop me.

There was a second cameo, too, this one just the white profile portrait, no background, a bit more discolored. It'll need mounting or wrapping. This one is of a woman who appears to have an octopus in her hair, so, um ... that may become part of my personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment