Thursday, December 3, 2009

Good show, good show!

Had a show today! UCR's Market Day, to be exact. It's never been a hugely profitable venue but I maintained my hopes and ... er ... was rewarded. There's a lot of competition from the little let's-buy-lots-of-child-labor-plastic-crap-and-sell-it-for-a-dollar outfits, but I tend to do okay.

Last night was spent agonizing over packing my jewelry into its carrying drawers (WalMart clear plastic storage drawers with a liner of squishy eggcrate foam -- works like a dream) and trying to figure out how exactly I display some of the new products: the button bracelets have to be fastened around a bracelet roll in order to look right, and I have rings and pendants to deal with now ... bigger table, though, which helped.

Incidentally, the fastest way to make a bracelet roll for display? A paint-roller, some Elmer's spray adhesive and a little of your table-cover fabric.

But, point is, I made about my average ... and then someone came at the very end of the day and spent ninety dollars on me.

Squee.

No comments:

Post a Comment