Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Medieval Polish Voodoo Zombies and New Special Offer

I just took a final in my Medieval Law and Society course. I wrote an essay in which I used the phrase "zombie of good repute." I restrained myself from "the voodoo that Saint Stanislaw do(es)," but I did manage to work in "This leaves the reader with a perhaps-unintentional impression that the prior of Barnwell was afflicted with grabby hands."

I hope my professor appreciates some mildly ill-placed humor. I think he will -- he wore a Tigger tie the other day, always a good sign -- but this is a guy who loves medieval primary sources. He waxes lyrical, saying things like, "This is my absolute favorite medieval document. It doesn't have to be yours, but it's definitely mine." He grows furious with intrusive translator footnotes, like a tender suitor disturbed in his lovemaking by an unsubtle voyeur with his textual pants down. I must say, it adds a layer of fascination to the Polish ius commune of the eleventh century.

ANYway, now that I'm between exams, special offer time!


Available here.

Since I posted my 111th item on Monday (and I'm not expecting to survive tomorrow night's law final, so what the hell), take 11% off your first two items when at least one of them is from the section called "Earthy, Tribal, Ethnic." Use the discount code "clemson" in the Notes to Seller section and I'll refund you through PayPal.

Now to study for the intro class that technically precedes the one I just final'd for ... which, again, is going to be the death of me. Pray for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment