Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shop redesigns

Hey, did I ever blog about my new shop banners?

I am not a graphic designer.  Digital art eludes me.  But it finally occurred to me that in the past couple of years I have become a pretty good close-up photographer, and I know how to crop.

Hence, a sneak peek of sorts, solely because the ol' blog is looking image-deprived lately:




I made some simpler ones for Ballet Llama too.  They're seasonal and have nice mellow colors, and I made special ones for my yearly sales (i.e. Black Friday, the Stocking Stuffer Sale I did last year, and an after-holiday sale I failed to plan last January but have slated for this one).  The colors are mellower than my old one's and don't compete with Etsy's as much, either, so that's good.  It's always a little difficult trying to design a unique, unified storefront within an existing template that's got a completely different look.  I took them by the same light I generally photograph under, so they'll have a similar value (hopefully) to my item photos, and a lot of those pieces will be recognizable to anyone who's followed for a bit, so ... yeah!  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment