Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vacation, if it qualifies

Remember how I was going to have Mom fill orders while I was in South Carolina?  I lied.  This would have required me to get everything into numbered drawers and a database made and her informed about the rather whimsical nature of my local post office, and there was just no time.

However, we're making up for it with a pretty good sale.  So there's that.

Mostly now I'm occupying my days with keeping house.  M made me this adorable rockabilly-style apron with strawberries on it to celebrate my ascent to wifehood.  Today, I get the cookware organized and babysit the Crock Pot.  If I finish that, I get to shelve the rest of our books!

I think I'll blog photos of the rooms as we finish decorating them.  At first I wondered if this was appropriate, then I thought:  "Chelsea, most people who are interested in reading a very weird jewelry blog are probably interested to read about weird home decor too."  I also thought:  "When have you ever worried about being topical?"

So the first set will probably be our Medieval-Gothic-meets-American-Arts-and-Crafts-Movement bedroom, which is black and white and orange and gorgeous, and involves a lot of textiles and crisp contrasts.  After that, probably the kitchen, which is leaf green and white and decorated with our collection of red and white strawberry stuff, which seemed like a much larger collection in our one-room studio, somehow, than it does here.

Off to relocate the cake pans and probably buy a mixing bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment