Friday, September 17, 2010

This is gorgeous stuff too

I have a love-hate relationship with collage, truly, because I feel it's like beading: Easy to do, easier to do badly ... but look.  Look at this.






Photos copyright Moon Moth Press.

They're called Moon Moth Press and I want to buy about fifteen of their cards on the spot.

As it is, I'm settling for inspirational browsing, but that's equally troublesome as I have none of my beads with me.  All I've got is some hypoallergenic earwires and a pair of round-nose pliers I packed for M.  But I see a dignified black lace collar with a little jet and a lot of fuschia fire-polished glass.  A simple, no-nonsense double strand of glass pearls in vintage sepia and girlish coral and sensible dark pink.  Elsewhere, a long strand of black with just a few almost-symmetrical winks of dark purple German crystal, a wirework necklace with one half bronze wire and yellow glass and the other half copper wire and green and purple glass, but otherwise identical.

As it is, it's a lovely inspiration for the walls of our studio-art room.  Thus I must content myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment