Monday, November 15, 2010

Show Report!

... well, the boutique was a little unfortunate.  The lady who put it together was lovely, it was a nice day, Grandma came along to assist and that was nice ...

... and I didn't have a single customer.

Well, there were a couple of families who were clearly yard-saling, and one of them tried to buy my mirror and a woman tried to buy the wire vase I hang some of my earrings on.  The primary problem, I think, is that the house it was at is in the middle of suburban nowhere -- a twenty-minute drive from the freeway and twenty-five from the university.

And the wind picked up -- I mean, it always gets briskly breezy in the afternoon in Riverside, I expect to lose my sign and chase business cards a couple of times and I always spend the day flicking my table covers back down, but today my whole earring tree went over and a couple of pairs shattered.  I took that as a sign from God and left early -- which I feel guilty about.  Just not guilty enough to regret going home and taking a nap.

However, one of the other vendors might be purchasing some stuff from me in future, so the day wasn't a wash.  Onward to fill some online orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment