Monday, January 31, 2011

If I had a couple of hundred bucks to spare ...

This artist is doing some really amazing things with the steampunked-out technology.  His USB drives incorporate small cabochons over the LED light so that the gemstone glows when the drive is in use.  They're not overdone or gear-conglomerated -- just wonderfully graceful, masculine tribal steampunk designs with beautiful metal tones.  Check him out.


Image copyright Weirdward Works.

Speaking of steampunk and things I'd like to buy (and indulge me, dear sirs and dear ladies, by allowing me to draw your attention to that so-graceful transition there), I'm currently trying to come up with a way to sort my lock washers and hinge plates and eyelets and keys and suchlike junk.  (It's really sublime junk.  I don't mean to denigrate its awesomeness by calling it junk.  Scrap metal!)  I really need a happy medium between "dump it in a basket," which is my pendants-and-components solution, and "sort it into a carefully labeled divider box," which is my (M's) bead solution.  Of course, M uses this stuff too, so the latter is probably what is required because she doesn't need the creative chaos I do.  Still.  I like to physically rummage for such things.  Though I also like to know how many of anything I have.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment