Friday, January 21, 2011

Sketching, for a given value of sketching

Still in a haze of trying to get the business going again, so a quick post today.  But here are the "sketches" for my current custom order, a pair of earrings and some bridesmaid-and-flower girl bracelets for a vintage-Hollywood-glamour-style wedding where the colors are black and burgundy and the bride will be wearing this lovely gown in silver and pale gold:












The designs will probably be in silver-plated pewter with black onyx and Bordeaux Swarovski crystal pearls.

And yes, this is how I "sketch" for almost all my custom orders.  I'm a pretty fair artist, as long as I don't try to draw feet, but I find it easier for both the client and I to see what I'm trying to show them given clear differentiation and being able to type into the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment