Monday, December 20, 2010

In honor of a momentous event

A couple of linkyish imagey things on a theme to become evident:




This comic basically defines M's and my "romantic moments."  One day I will post about some of the moments of sheer epic romance fail we've experienced.  We consider this ineptitude (usually on my part, though she has her moments) utterly a part of our relationship and would trade for no sweeping rom-com gesture.

And some link love for an incredible, incredible Etsy jeweler:
 
Image copyright Esther Eve.

That particular pair of rings, of course, is sold, because they are M's and my engagement rings.

This is a belated step on some level because she and I have known for almost two years that we'd be spending the rest of our lives together (with some stalling and floundering on my part because I was 18 and stupid, but even then I pretty much knew).  To put that in perspective, Thursday is what I like to call our two-and-a-halfiversary.

But when you find a person who you can be with constantly for months at a time and never be tired of, and when you are apart for a few minutes you then are happy to see them again -- once you cut through insecurities and self-doubt, it doesn't take too long to know.

No date is set.  It will be some time before we can legally marry in our new home state.  A wedding itself would probably not go well considering various family situations.  But we are now what we are calling "enringed" to one another.

And that is good.

Love you, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment