Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A resource

So I linked to one of her articles in Wednesday the 22nd's post about handshakes, but I've kept on reading since then and really -- Jen Dziura's column Bullish should be required reading for every young businesswoman.

She talks a lot about freelance work and, while she's talking more about service freelancing than what, for lack of a better word, I'll call hand-manufacturing, it's useful for craftspeople too. She approaches her topics from a feminist, socially astute viewpoint and covers a huge variety of areas. My favorite so far is a culturally sensitive guide to not being an ugly American while traveling. The most recent article is a two-part series called "Making Money as an Artsy-Artist Commie Pinko Weirdo."

I'll probably steal some topics from her in the near future. She's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment