Friday, October 22, 2010

Both busy, and abruptly at loose ends

I clearly need to do the "series" of posts more often.  It gives me such an apparent, obvious topic to work with.  I've been doing so well following my three-days-a-week resolution, but I'm a little worried that now I've run out of the house posts and the bridal-jewelry posts I'm going to do exactly what I did last time I was apart from M: totally lose all gumption and stop listing stuff.

I can always do what M does and save up amusing student malapropisms, I suppose.  I still find those hysterically funny.

Maybe I'll drop to a Tuesday-Thursday posting schedule instead of Monday-Wednesday-Friday?  Then I can write them in one of my less completely intriguing classes.  Except that my students never all show up on any given day.  Also, I generally manage to write posts about two days before I, y'know, post them.

So what to do now?  Amusing dog stories?  More recipes or relative memoirs or discussions of artistic movements?  Judging from other jewelry blogs I read this seems to be de rigeur ... except that I follow those in Blogger and never read them.  I'm not good at work-in-progress photos and I don't really have time to make things right now anyway, I'm mostly just going through the backlog of stuff I've made but never listed -- and dreaming of December, when I'll be able to get my beads out again, and of January, when I'll return home to M and South Carolina and our dedicated crafting room.

I have thought of writing more of my ideas about steampunk ... or maybe some tutorials?  Are my techniques cool enough/repeatable-even-by-me enough to be tutorialable?

I do rather like linking to other shops, though.  Was the strawberry-themed link post interesting?  Does there have to be a photo for things to be awesome?

And of course, I don't think I've mentioned yet, but I'm doing an article series for Rena Klingenberg on avoiding overused, trite words and phrases in jewelry descriptions, which looks at this point like lasting 4-6 months, so that's lovely.  They're great fun to write; I'll preview one at some point.

Anyway, I'll manage.  I always seem to.  And I do need to get back to a semi-regular special offer schedule.

And now it is time to continue to instruct the next generation in the ways of the previous generation's formal writing style.  So, O readers, who lurk about -- I know you're out there, Google Analytics says so -- do introduce yourselves and tell me what you're actually interested in reading!  Come on, don't be shy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment