Monday, October 18, 2010

Bridal Collections 4: Opalesce

I am totally in love with sea opal.  I tend to like manmade stones in general -- witness my abiding love for sunstone/brown goldstone.  This is a treated glass which is absolutely freaking amazing in sunlight.  So naturally, I did an entire collection with it.


The name comes from the verb "to opalesce," meaning "to shine or glow like an opal."  I almost called it "Faience" but I figured there was even less chance of me or anyone else ever spelling it correctly.


Available here.

This is probably the most "usual," classic beaded collection.  I like how some of the pieces are very sleek and modern and some are more feminine and ornamented.  It sort of begs for mix and match.  I actually think it would be really cool for a carnival-themed wedding, with all the colors it picks up like carnival glass, but it would suit a beach wedding or a cocktail-hour sort of affair too.  And of course, there will be a sale with great discounts on this fascinating modern wedding jewelry:

Through October 21, purchase any piece from the Opalesce bridal collection and get free shipping (in the U.S.) or a shipping discount based on location (everywhere else) if you mention this post.

Discounts are given through PayPal.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment